Sling Media is a digital lifestyle products company, focused on creating empowering entertainment experiences for consumers. Sling Media's award winning Slingbox turns any Internet-connected PC, Mac, or mobile device into your home television allowing you to watch your TV virtually anywhere in the world.
We are seeking a Systems Administrator to be responsible for the ongoing design, implementation, and support of systems and infrastructure for consumer facing digital media services
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Assist in the day to day operations of a 24/7 high traffic web environment as well as assist and plan out new build outs and initiatives.
- Maintenance and configuration of servers, load balancers, and other computing equipment.
- Programming and automation of system processes, deployments and infrastructure management.
- Design, configure and report on server and systems monitoring, backups and utilization.
- General scripting, automation and troubleshooting of systems and web applications.
- Provide systems support to developers, testers and end-users.
- Comfortable in a startup environment with flexible work schedules and 24/7 availability and on-call rotation.
- Attention to detail a must; excellent written and verbal skills required
- Take ownership of system issues and work hard to research and recommend solutions.
- 6+ years experience managing Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian) systems in a production 24/7 high traffic web environment or related area
- Production deployment experience with TCP/IP, HTTP, JAVA, RUBY, SMTP, BIND,SSH, SSL and others using Linux
- Strong understanding of best practices for software engineering (SDLC), secure systems design and scalable fault tolerant web architectures
- Systems programming, performance optimization and network design experience a plus
- Hands- on experience with full site deployments from the planning/ design stages to full implementation
- Strong code, server and networking debugging skills
- Familiarity with Apache, Nginx, Ruby, Java, Tomcat, and MySQL administration
- Ability to program fluently in one or more scripting (shell, c++, objective-c, etc) languages
- Experience with monitoring systems (Zabbix), virtualization concepts (VMWare), configuration management and incident response systems a plus
- Good knowledge of RAID support, both hardware and software