Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
On Deck is seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to serve as a right-hand person to the company's Chief Financial Officer.
This individual will lead the Financial Planning function and spearhead the company's short-term and long-term financial forecasting, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis, and special projects. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing presentations to On Deck's Board of Directors, financial presentations, cash-flow analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis, and other projects requested by senior management. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
As part of the Finance Team, you will:
- Maintain and improve the company’s long-term financial model
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, fixed expenses, and capital expenditures. Analyze and explain causes of unexpected variance
- Support Senior Management Team and Department heads with in-depth analysis and provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes
- Conduct regular reviews of product profitability and customer acquisition costs by channel
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and determine ROIs for new products/market strategies and business development opportunities
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Create quarterly and monthly financial reports for Senior Management Team and Investors
At On Deck, you will:
- You will have a Bachelor's Degree and high GPA from a top-tier school; MBA highly preferred
- You have 3+ years experience in investment banking, investment research, private equity, or hedge funds ideally analyzing technology startups
- You have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Tableau and database/data warehouse skills desirable
- You have strong leadership skills
- You maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision and are highly organized
- You are articulate and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to think creatively, are highly driven and self-motivated
- You have demonstrated the ability to roll-up your sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
Sound interesting? Send your resume to
- Have the opportunity to work closely with the Senior Management Team and current and future investors
- Be responsible for the financial planning of a cutting edge technical start up that is disrupting the small business lending space.
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
We promise – someone from our Recruiting Department will actually read it!
On Deck Capital - 20 months ago