This position offers full time, day hours in a fast paced work environment. This position offers excellent benefits, casual dress and is located at our company in Brookings, SD.
This position reports to the area supervisor.
- Prepare, label, plant, process, treat and file samples.
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in seed or seedling test results, media, temperatures, equipment and facilities.
- Prepare seed treatment chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Assist with keeping laboratory area and equipment clean and organized.
- Perform general laboratory duties.
- Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Review and update quality manual procedures as needed.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
- Agricultural background desired.
- Experience in laboratory work desired, however on the job training is provided.
- Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be able to manage numbers mentally.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to regularly lift 15-20 pounds.
- Must be dependable and able to attend work regularly, along with ability to display a strong sense of urgency and good judgment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SGS - 8 months ago
SGS is the world's leading independent testing, inspection, verification and certification company in the world.