With oversight and supervision needs depending on project complexity, coordinate project exploration and testing services consistent with client's needs by either performing or arranging qualified personnel to perform applicable geotechnical testing. Provide geotechnical recommendations, prepare reports and manage project testing for assigned jobs.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
1. Proposal/Contract Preparation
· Communicate with clients to determine their project needs.
· Develop engineering and testing programs for projects.
· Establish project budgets.
· Prepare and present proposals.
2. Performance of Work/Report Preparation
· Establish and meet project quality requirements.
· Oversee and maintain client, project team and in-house communication during work performance.
· Prepare GINT logs of subsurface soil borings.
· Prepare boring location and site vicinity maps.
· Prepare formal engineering reports for review by senior staff.
· Review formal engineering reports.
3. Field and Laboratory Work
· Conduct geotechnical field testing according to QA procedures, such as electrical resistivity, inclinometer readings and/or others.
· Conduct soil laboratory tests according to QA procedures.
· Log/classify soil samples in laboratory or field work, as needed.
4. Project Management
· Maintain project file and job status.
· Prepare invoice.
· Pursue aged accounts.
· Establish, maintain and build business relationships with clients.
· Pursue specific project leads.
· Aid in company marketing functions.
· Represent company within technical/professional organizations.
· Perform other job duties not listed, as required, to meet department and company needs.
SUPERVISION/DIRECTION OF OTHERS :
Directly or indirectly supervise technical personnel within the area of assignment.
PRELIMINARY DECISIONS :
1. Preliminarily decides work scope of projects.
2. Preliminarily decides content of proposals.
3. Preliminarily decides content of reports.
1. To maintain the quality of service and work product.
2. To market the services in a manner that is profitable to the company.
3. To coordinate with other departments by clearly outlining needs of client with the ultimate goal of increasing efficiency, productivity and communication.
4. To conduct all activities in a safe, efficient manner.
1. Education - BS degree in Civil or Geological Engineering required.
2. Ability to occasionally lift 50 to 100 pounds.
3. Ability to perform hand auger borings and field testing throughout the working day.
4. Some duties outdoors and may be away from main office/laboratory location.
5. Personal vehicle available for company business.
6. Occasional travel possible.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer
American Engineering Testing Inc. - 18 months ago