EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our world-class IT Infrastructure team. The Linux Systems Administrator will part of an existing team supporting a fast-growing environment incorporating many new infrastructure management technologies. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong troubleshooting skills, technical abilities, and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects on a tight schedule while providing first-rate operational support is imperative. Key platforms and hardware include: RedHat Enterprise Linux, RedHat Satellite (RHN), Apache Web Server, JBoss Application Server, Oracle Exadata, HP ProLiant BladeSystems, VMware Infrastructure 4 and 5, EMC VNX and Isilon network storage.
- Responsible for ensuring highly available movement of data through the networks that comprise the enterprise network system
- Administers and troubleshoots VoIP network
- Assists with the development and implementation of network solutions for SaaS and Back Office environments
- Helps develop technical standards and documentation, identify and evaluate new products, and provide resolution for network problems
- Identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance
- Provides implementation and technology review for the Network Infrastructure team
- Interfaces with vendors to identify and purchase hardware and software
- Studies vendor products to determine those which best meet company needs and assist in presentation of information to management result in purchase and installation of hardware and software
- Provides guidance and direction for other IT Infrastructure team members
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities for network performance and functionality improvements
- BS or BA degree, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience
- 3-5 years of current Network Administration experience required
- Experience working with most of the following IS systems, protocols and or software/hardware:
- F5 LTM/GTM, Cisco routers, switches and ASA firewalls, Wireless, Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimizer, VoIP, BGP, EIGRP, TACACS, DNS, DHCP, Cellular
- Working understanding of project management methodologies
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies, specifically VMWare v4 and v5
- Positive attitude with the ability to effectively work independently and within a team environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
EnerNOC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...