Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa) , an award-winning information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting applications for a full time IT/Help Desk Specialist working at U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) in Oak Ridge, TN.
Candidate will possess the technical responsibility to ensure the integrity and performance of desktop hardware and software under moderate supervision, and to execute a number and complexity of duties within a work day that is spent on both routine and non-routine tasks with some repetitive work. This is a Customer service position.
- Manages day-to-day customer support and troubleshooting activities related to desktop support.
- Maintains and operates system applications on desktop computers.
- Maintains all hardware and software inventories.
- Installs, configures, and maintains devices in support of contract requirements.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Establishes and manages support related project timelines and short-term goals.
- Provides technical assistance, training, and hands-on help for users of the systems in compliance with project-related requirements and quality control plans.
- Recommends future desktop requirements and system enhancements.
- Performs routine system administrative functions including user file transfers, disk management, addition/deletion of user accounts, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy, which requires US Citizenship.
- Requires a high school diploma; advanced education is preferred in computer science, management information system, or mathematics
- Knowledge of network technologies including Internet protocols and applications.
- Knowledge of client/server applications and procedures.
- Familiarity with system documentation standards and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with management, other team members, and customers
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including ability to deliver presentations and briefings.
- Experience with remote communications operations involving a variety of protocols.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate activities, status updates, outage notifications and schedule information with clients, other IT personnel, and other team members.
- Prior experience in IT Help Desk and proven customer service skills preferred.
**This position is eligible for an employee referral bonus**
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates Inc. - 22 months ago