Be among the top sales representatives, managers, and technicians that consider the job but stay for a career ! Explore our stable and state-of-the-art Company with a reputation for retaining people that is the envy of our industry !
As a Rental Sales Representative you will have responsibility for business development through the marketing of our rental product lines and will grow our existing customer base through direct sales. You will also be responsible for the account management for existing accounts in the areas of fleet planning and profitability. We are seeking disciplined, self-motivated people with a passion for providing the highest customer service and have a strong sales aptitude.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products and equipment
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to solicit sales for goods or services
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other organizations
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts
- Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more about the company and its products and services.
- At least 2 years customer service experience required
- At least 2 years sales experience required, transportation sales preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently, deal with people, flexibility, and strong written/oral communication skills are required
- Valid Drivers license required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
2723 Tonnelle Ave.
2723 Tonnelle Ave.
North Bergen, NJ
Penske - 13 months ago
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading glob...