• Advising senior management, business managers, business development personnel and other personnel on all aspects of commercial transactions, as well as various laws and regulations affecting the company’s businesses, e.g., contract interpretation, healthcare fraud and abuse laws, antitrust and fair competition law, etc.
• Negotiation and drafting of contracts, including stock and asset purchase agreements, sales agreements, distribution agreements, intellectual property licenses, research and development agreements, group purchasing organization agreements, procurement agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, clinical study agreements and leases.
• Coordinating all legal aspects of M & A transactions, including counseling on deal structure, drafting indications of interest/term sheets, conducting or supervising due diligence, drafting and/or reviewing transaction documents and briefing senior management prior to final approval.
• Reviewing corporate copy and advertising copy
• Assisting contract managers in general commercial and transactional matters
• Training client groups on various contracts and commercial law matters
• Other assignments as may be requested from time to time by the General Counsel or Associate General Counsel
• Minimum 8 yrs legal experience – quality law firm plus quality in-house experience preferred
• Member of US state bar
• Strong academic background
• Strong experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting complex contracts independently
• Experience representing medical device, pharmaceutical or other health industry clients helpful
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Business savvy and ability to partner with business teams to facilitate achievement of business objectives
- Ability to work effectively with business personnel at all levels
- Ability to work independently, but also to accept direction from General Counsel and/or Associate General Counsel
- Collegial style, team player
- Excellent communication skills
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...