Job Title: Clinical Pharmacist - Christiana Hospital
Location: Newark, DE
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation’s largest ( >1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Evaluate drug efficacy, document drug use patterns, monitor therapeutic goals and outcomes, review for contraindications/precautions, drug –drug, drug-food, drug-laboratory, and drug-disease state potentials as well as provide verbal and written consultations concerning drug therapy as requested.
- Evaluate appropriate laboratory tests necessary to monitor and support the patient’s drug therapy as well as document recommendations, interventions, and services rendered as appropriate.
- Report, record, assess, and evaluate adverse drug reactions.
- Provide accurate, timely, and cost-effective drug information to medical, pharmacy, nursing, and other healthcare professionals.
- Serve as a resource and mentor for the staff pharmacist.
- Support and assist interdepartmental projects such as MUEs, P&T drug monographs, newsletter articles and performance improvement activities.
- Provide educational sessions or materials to patient groups or healthcare professionals as needed.
- Serve as a preceptor for both pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
We offer outstanding career opportunities in an environment focused on excellence with remarkable resources, advanced technology, unsurpassed teamwork, and phenomenal benefits.
- Pharm.D. degree plus ASHP-accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency
- Board certification preferred
- Current/eligible for licensure in the state of Delaware
Job Classification: Professional
Job Requisition #: 30458BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 22 months ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...