Daktronics merges creative talent with innovative technology to maximize the potential of today’s most advanced communication and entertainment systems. Many of the world’s most prestigious sports teams, corporations and advertising agencies count on Daktronics to provide production and technical services that turn the heads of fans, sponsors, spectators and potential customers. A unique blend of artistic skill and engineering know-how positions Daktronics as a leading full-service solutions provider. Daktronics has a dedicated staff of experienced trainers who conduct training sessions to educate customers on how operate their displays and maximize the impact of their systems. These employees are trained in game day operations and support hundreds of live events each year. The group provides customers assistance with personalized training to ensure they have a thorough understanding of their Daktronics control systems. Through this training customers gain the knowledge and understanding required to effectively operate their Daktronics system. The Customer Trainer internship will progress in Three Phases:
Phase 1 – Develop an understanding of Daktronics Software Systems o Effectively understand the fundamentals of Daktronics control systems (which will be built upon in later phases)
Phase 2 – Shadow and assist Customer and Employee Trainer and Event Production Staff o Research and gather documentation required for each customer project to Assist FT staff with Customer Training and Event Support, which will include:
Clerical and administrative duties as required to support the session
Software demonstrations to existing and potential new customers, both on-site and in Brookings, SD
Provide training, technical and event support for control systems
o Assist FT staff with Daktronics Live Events Employee Trainings, which will include:
Meet with various groups within the Department to identify employee training needs
Research various options for fulfillment
Develop repeatable training modules o Assist to implement Daktronics Employee Training sessions
Phase 3 – Independently Conduct Web training sessions and develop training materials o Conduct Web training sessions with new and existing customers on their software to include:
Initial discovery questions
Arrange timelines and attendees
Present the Web training session; be able to accurately respond to customer questions and ensure they are able to utilize their Daktronics equipment
Complete any necessary follow-up and paperwork required o Assist to create documentation and training materials, both for customer and internal Daktronics employees
o Professionally represent Daktronics to customers. Use good judgment and make sound decisions. Become knowledgeable of and follow company procedures.
o Maintain communication with supervisor and work team on interactions with customers, status of projects, and accomplishments.
o Willing to participate in appropriate company sponsored training to improve product knowledge and personal improvement.
o During the seven month internship interns will be responsible for completing the following experiences: sales demo rotation, sales overview, marketing, product demonstration, shadowing with an experienced Trainer and Event Producer, travel on business trips, Toastmasters, management presentation, recruiting, internship group participation, conduct Customer web training sessions, and maintain daily activities log.
o Work through the Cooperative Education/Internship Program at their accredited university and their Faculty Coordinator to arrange for credit while participating in this internship.
1. Enrolled or recently graduated in a curriculum leading to a Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to the following disciplines: Computer Science, Graphic Design, Education, Marketing, Broadcast Production or other related degree. Completion of sophomore year.
2. Game Day Experience in a Daktronics control room preferred
3. Internship begins January 13, 2014 and runs through August 15, 2014; required to take the Spring semester off from classes.
4. Must have an acceptable GPA.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
6. Ability and desire to learn and teach others. Highly organized and detailed orientated. Self-motivated and ability to show initiative.
7. Customer service skills.
8. Computer software skills
8.1 Daktronics equipment experiences a plus. Requires aptitude for technical learning and communication.
8.2 Windows 95/98 NT, 2000,XP, 7
8.3 Internet navigation
8.4 Microsoft Word and Excel
8.5 Ability to learn new Daktronics programs quickly such as Show Control, Venus 7000, Venus 1500, VPlay, V-Net, scoring and timing systems
9. Ability to be available to work evenings and/or weekends to support facility event schedules.
10. Available to travel by both land and air. Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record. Motor Vehicle records will be checked.
11. Background will be conducted.
12. Graphics background or experience helpful.
13. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...