Job Description Dell Services Federal Government is looking for a Solutions Architect to be responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications and/or process designs for custom technical solutions. Analyzes customer requirements and designs solutions to meet the customer objectives and balances the needs of sales and delivery to design a solution that meets or exceeds the requirements of service delivery. “DJAM” "LIDSFG" job#010930 (M) Required Skills Principal Accountabilities
- Influences business and technology strategy by understanding business needs and industry trends and prioritizing IT resources.
- Matures the IT environment by managing the lifecycle of IT solution delivery.
- Designs technology solutions by modeling requirements and applying standard architecture methodologies.
- Acts as an "agent of change” and continuously fosters the sharing of customer, architecture, and technical information between organizations.
- Optimizes among constraints (eg. resources, environment, and performance) to deliver architectural solutions.
- Understands and interprets requirements by probing for information, facilitating consensus building, and synthesizing and translating ideas into actionable requirements.
- Oversees the overall architecture integrity and maintains the architectural vision of the offering.
- Identifies leverage opportunities by using building blocks, and acts as a liaison between the functional groups to ensure that the leverage opportunities are realized.
- Assesses the value of solution-enhancing developments emanating from field-work and incorporates these into the architecture models as appropriate.
- Manages the architecture by continuously monitoring the models and updating them as necessary to show changes, additions, and alterations.
o - Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
- In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
o - Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise..
- Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
o Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
o Opportunity/risk analyses
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent.
o Cost/benefit analyses
o Pricing models
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
- Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback.
o Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans.
- Work is guided by business plans for the discipline.
o Escalates matters of business risk.
o Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
o Guides completion of major projects or customer engagements.
- Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Allocates work and mentors others.
o Presents facts and information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
- Contributes to the area through delivery of end results and contribution to planning for the area.
- Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in own field.
- Works across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
o Delegates clearly and comfortably.
Job Duty Differentiators
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at senior leadership level.
Desired Skills Hands on experience (design, implementation and support) with 2 or more of the following:
- Provides architectural design and documentation at an application or function capability level.
- Participates in establishing and maintaining architecture standards and processes.
- Effectively communicates architecture direction to the business and within the IT organization.
o Database – Oracle , MS SQL
o Multiple server OS – Linux, Windows, HP-UX
Education Undergraduate Degree Experience Typically requires at least 10* years relevant experience without a Degree; 6+ years relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree; 4+ years relevant experience with Graduate Degree Requirements Hazards
- Strong understanding of multiple architecture specializations (eg. Solution, Business, Information, or Infrastructure Architecture).
- Strong understanding of foundational architectural concepts (design, business technology strategy, quality management, human dynamics, and IT environment)
Dell - 16 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...