Interest Sub Category:
Marketing/ Communications/ Public Relations
Job Title :
School Outreach Coordinator
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Education, Public-health, or related field;
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Minimum 2 years of related experience, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Graduate degree in a related discipline without any work experience may enter at this level
• Must have excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills and experience in handling multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner
• Physical Demands
• General office environment; required visits to project sites
• Some heavy lifting (
Do the best work of your life!
URS Corporation is a fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support the full project life cycle—from inception through start-up and operation to decommissioning and closure. We offer planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, operations and maintenance and management services.
The School Outreach Coordinator (SOC) is a territory-based staff member of the Georgia Safe Routes to School Resource Center, a project of the Georgia Department of Transportation. While working from a home office and traveling throughout an assigned territory (Metro Atlanta), the SOC performs a range of transportation demand management (TDM), marketing, and planning-related projects, aimed at enhancing opportunities for students, schools, and communities to embrace bicycling and walking.
The SOC works independently and collaboratively to develop, promote, and/or implement a range of schools-based and community Safe Routes to School programs and strategies to educate and encourage children, families, educators, and communities throughout the Metro Atlanta region and statewide.
The SOC positively promotes the Georgia Safe Routes to School Resource Center to existing and new partnered schools and community stakeholders to increase physical activity via walking and bicycling to/from school; to promote bicycle, pedestrian, and personal safety; and to reduce traffic congestion around schools thereby improving overall air quality.
Responsibilities / Objectives:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Determines the appropriate sources of information and methods for data collection related to assignments
• Provides TDM services to schools, travelers, students, and others
• Summarizes Safe Routes to School information and prepares draft presentations, resources, or reports
• Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced TDM professional
• Assignments include one or more of the following: Research, TDM outreach, or public relations and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of Safe Routes to School strategies and concepts
• Conducts peer reviews and makes technical presentations
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...