Coordinate Consumer Markets Product & Segment maintenance (non-invest) activities through IT and across IT and Business.
This includes rate, regulatory and discretionary maintenance activities impacting the Division.
This role focuses on business results and maximizing resource utilization.
- Liaison to IT with focus on our Discretionary Maintenance Teams, both internal and vendors, for Product, Compliance and eBusiness segment work requests.
- Monitor execution steps through IT and the various systems. Act as Single Point of Contact for ensuring effective delivery of maintenance items, all discretionary and non-discretionary.
- Chair Governance Board for Maintenance items, facilitate discussions and manage prioritization process.
- Chair IT ROM Maintenance meetings as well as publish minutes.
This work includes an assessment of the impacts of maintenance work requests to in-flight invest activities.
- Communicate outcomes/estimates of ROM meetings to Business & Technical Services Lead.
- Communicate across Consumer Markets the resource and project requirements (PMO, Product, Actuarial, Research and other functional areas as needed) provide status of maintenance driven workload.
This would include all approved requests, queued requests, release planning and fall-out.
This includes weekly/bi-weekly PPM extract on behalf of IT & the business assisting with the ROM & prioritization process.
- Resource/workload coordinator.
Working in conjunction with the business and IT to move “approved” work thru the organization.
- Produce monthly prioritization materials for approved Maintenance items.
- Counsel/Consultant with business customers on project/activity alternatives.
Act as point of escalation and resolution for prioritiy decisions needed.
- Prepare and communicate regular status of the state of capacity/execution.
This would include IT resource utilization, process execution (defects, efficiency, etc) across the organization.
- Provide training when necessary supporting the overall process
- Isolate and recommend improvement opportunities across Consumer Markets
- Project Management when
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Project Leadership/Management
- Strategic Agility
- Process focused
- Working knowledge of HIG automation systems
- Bachelor's degree required.
Master’s degree in related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of program management or leadership experience
financial services or insurance industry. Some technology experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Demonstrated discipline in execution management, organizational change management and process improvement with sustainable results
- Proven ability to manage successfully during a period of sustained change; comfortable with ambiguity over a prolonged period
- Strong risk management methodology
The Leader champions a compelling vision, clearly communicates the direction and articulates expectations to connect all employees to the overall strategy, exudes passion for winning with integrity that energizes the entire team…is visible and genuine
Builds a great team, empowers and develops others and fosters an inclusive environment where employees feel valued and are recognized and rewarded for their contributions.
The Leader is an advocate for employee engagement and development, provides continuous coaching and feedback and builds a talent pipeline at all levels
Focuses on key priorities, drives simplicity and clear accountabilities, removes obstacles and has a bias for action
Enterprise Team Player.
Drives an enterprise focus, holds themselves and others accountable for working seamlessly across the lines of business and functions to maximize the return for the organization and drive One Hartford Culture
Project Mgmt (non-IT)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Feb 11, 2013, 12:00:00 AM
Remote Worker Option
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The...