Jeffco Public Schools is looking for a dynamic, forward-looking executive interested in leading long-range facility planning; design and construction projects; building and site maintenance; environmental services; and property and energy management.
About the District:
Jeffco Public Schools, Colorado’s largest school district, with almost 86,000 students and approximately 14,000 employees, has provided educational excellence for more than 60 years. Nearly 10 percent of all Colorado K-12 students attend a Jeffco school. Jeffco leads the state and nation with innovations in education and ties for the second-best graduation rate of the nation’s 50 largest school districts, according to Education Week’s Diplomas Count report. None of this can happen without fully operational facilities to support the educational process.
About the Work:
Jeffco Public Schools owns and maintains over 12.1 million square feet of space in 387 permanent buildings and 350 portable buildings at 171 sites. The district’s assets are valued over $2.2 billion. Jeffco’s citizens recognized the need to invest in the District’s infrastructure with a $99M bond.
With a high degree of complexity, significant budgetary responsibility, and a focus on efficiency and effectiveness, this is the perfect spot for you if you have a commitment to public education and a drive to make a difference.
- Outstanding strategic planning and problem-solving skills with an orientation toward results, action, impact and influence.
- Strong business acumen and experience managing large budgets
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal savvy and demonstrated expertise in building a positive culture among diverse work groups including bargaining unit employees, contractors and vendors, and community leaders.
- Proven ability to share leadership and collaborate with colleagues, staff, school administrators, community members and other stakeholders to drive results.
- Possesses managerial courage to make hard decisions and abilities to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, selecting and developing high-performing teams.
- Strong functional skills in mechanical/electrical /civil engineering, architecture, or construction management.
- Extensive experience in design, construction, facilities maintenance or plant operations.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills both orally and written
- Prefer 10+ years of management or executive leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management. Master’s degree preferred.
Visit the Jeffco Public Schools web site at: http://jeffcopublicschools.org/employment/index.html and apply to job opening #593367 or send your resume and cover letter describing why you are the best candidate for this position to:
Executive Director of Human Resources
1829 Denver West Dr., Building #27
Golden, CO 80401
Competitive salary of up to $120,000 for the right candidate.
We will begin to consider applicants as of May 15, 2013. The job will close on May 20, 2013.
TopSchoolJobs.org - 10 months ago