HR Generalist - E-Commerce - San Bernardino, CA
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources Specialists. The goal of this position is to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Human Resources by providing front line support to the distribution center.
Policies, procedures, and regulation administration
- Maintains effective communication with all levels of the distribution center to ensure productivity, morale and performance of associates.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, coaching, and support to management and staff regarding employee relation issues, performance behaviors, interpretation of employment laws, and policies and procedures.
- Conducts investigations and makes recommendations regarding Associate disputes or misconduct. Coordinates and collects relevant data related for investigation and government regulation.
- Handles routine inquiries related to HR topics. Conducts HR trend anyalysis, creates reports, and provides to appropriate business partners.
- Supports HR manager in delivering exempt soft skills training. Conducts compliance training for exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Conducts all non-exempt exit interviews and provides analysis.
- Oversees daily HR functions such as payroll, benefits administration, workers compensation and associate attendance.
- Leads performance appraisal program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Partners with DC management to identify and prepare staffing forecast and ensures staffing needs and appropriate lead off training is met.
- Monitors adequate communication of the business through the weekly agenda, bulletin boards, and other forms of verbal and written communication.
- Coordinates forum for open exchange of ideas including associate roundtables, survey focus group meetings and associate committee meetings.
- Facilitates HR Department meetings.
- Responsible for driving building events including but not limited to; recognition/reward programs, quarterly meetings, open enrollment meetings and other milestone celebration
- Prior years Employee Relations or Human Resource Generalist experience.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, and laws.
- Projects a sensitive and professional image on behalf of the organization. Able to maintain highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to make sound independent decisions for issues that can be addressed blanced with those that may need to be elevated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable with conducting presentations
- PHR or SPHR
- Experience leading a team of 3 - 5.
- Minimal travel may be required
- Flexibility in hours to support multi-shift operations
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Warehouse Environment conditions - walking, standing, talking, hearing and working near mechanical equipment
Kohl's Corporation - 24 months ago
Kohl’s Corporation (Kohl’s) operates family-oriented, department stores that sells apparel, footwear and accessories for women,...