MySQL Database Administrator / DBA
Contract to Perm
Our client is one of the leading providers in their industry. They offer a professional nonetheless casual work environment and the opportunity to leverage the newest, most cutting edge technology. We are looking for sharp individuals to join a top notch technology team. Our Engineers are never bored, there's always an interesting problem to solve. You could be the next to join this exceptional group! Please contact one of our recruiting team members to discuss opportunities with this client.
The MySQL DBA position will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of existing databases as well as the planning and implementing of new databases to continue the company's exponential data growth. This position will be responsible for all data environments and will be on-call during non-business hours.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with large data sets (1.5+ TB)
- Experience with MySQL (if the candidate has big data we can flex off of this requirement)
- Experience with HA environments (high availability clusters)
MySQL DBA Description of Duties:
- Manage day-to-day operations of existing databases
- Plan, design and implement next database architecture
- Work with development staff to optimize existing queries
- Optimize existing data sets through the addition of indexes or other means
- Manage backup and recovery plans for databases
- Provide after hours on-call support
MySQL DBA Plus Skills:
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, MemSQL, MS SQL a plus
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://tampa.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation - 17 months ago
Veredus provides the best IT professionals for contract and permanent placement. By taking the time to understand each company’s...