Florida State University Foundation
Director of Information Services
The Director for the Information Services (IS) is responsible for providing daily oversight in the planning, development, deployment and maintenance of technology and information services. This individual will oversee teams that are responsible for functional areas such as web and application development and support; business intelligence development and reporting; network and server administration and support. In addition to the FSU Foundation, this position supports the advancement efforts of the FSU Alumni Association, Seminole Boosters and the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art staff. The Director of Information Services will be expected to uphold and exemplify the operating practices and mission of the Foundation.
• Guides day to day execution of IS initiatives focusing on accuracy and timeliness
• Ensure high-quality customer service while promoting end-user satisfaction through the development, enhancement and support of the Foundation’s advancement applications
• Ability to manage long-term projects while comprehending and tracking at the detailed level
• Implements effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision-making, efficiency and performance
• Maintain vendor relationships monitoring quality of work, resolution of issues and expenditures
• Participates in the formulation and documentation of technology plans and policies including identification of technical solutions to enhance operational business practices and needs of constituents
• Identifies, communicates, and resolves data quality and data reconciliation issues
• Communicates regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and optimized performance at the application and database level
• Reviews, evaluates and develops proposals for new initiatives as appropriate
• Provides hands-on technical resolution and assistance were applicable when needed
• Serves on the FSU Advancement Database Integrity Committee (FADIC)
• Assists with other duties as assigned
• Protects confidential information
• Instills in Information Services staff a holistic view of the role of IS within the FSU Foundation and the larger university community.
• Supervises personnel including work allocation, training, evaluation and conflict resolution and motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
• Formulates annual initiatives and participates in generating the annual department budget and tracks expenditures against progress towards goal
• Collaborates in the generation of reports used to manage, audit and benchmark the IS operation.
• Protects confidential information
• Experience in a non-profit education setting and an understanding of fund raising fundamentals preferred.
• Proven management skills that fosters an open dialog with all department staff
• Broad-based IT experience across several functional areas
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects in varying complexity
• Strong problem determination and resolution skills
• Demonstrates a willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones and implementation deadlines
• Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment
• Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise confidentiality and good judgment when working with sensitive issues
• Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels—from the novice user to the expert programmer
• Reports To: Vice President, Advancement Services
• Supervises: Network Administrator, Business Intelligence Developer, Application Support and Reporting team
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
• Minimum of 7 years of project management experience preferably in the Microsoft environment.
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience of full-time IT professionals. Possess knowledge of hardware and software systems, database development and reporting, security, and IT project management.
To apply, visit http://one.fsu.edu/fnd_web/job_dtl.aspx?job_id=124
- 2 years ago - save job