Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services serving over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste management facilities, throughout North America in 37 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company also operates international locations in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com .
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Service Specialist is responsible for the support and enhancing customer service and satisfaction, in conjunction with the Account Manager with expertise in field service operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Responsible for business development, maintenance of customer relationships and the scoping of projects/jobs.
- Ensures proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment.
- Manages large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed.
- Directs personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the manpower and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses.
- Understands and works with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the manpower, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects.
- Participates in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
- Oversees and is responsible for projects for health & safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism.
- Ensures proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Responsible for health and safety issues surrounding projects assigned, including reviewing of operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicates effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Interfaces with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues.
- Responds immediately when on-call or secures proper coverage and communicates replacement name to the supervisor/manager.
- Documents competitive issues and conveys findings to management.
- Develops and ensures a good working relationship with the Account Managers and Field Service Representatives.
- Maintains in proper working order and maintenance assigned Company equipment and/or vehicle.
- Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent (required).
2-4 year degree in environmental studies (preferred).
3-5 years field service operations experience (required).
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Field Service work.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance (strongly preferred).
- Excellent communication.
- Excellent presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
- Requires lifting up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and carrying.
Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste management...