Teach voice at the Graduate and Undergraduate level.
Serve as liaison with the College of Education.
Continue professional activities in performance and scholarship.
Assist the department in recruitment and retention of students.
All faculty members are expected to advise majors, carry out research, and provide service to the department, college, university and community.
- A Master's degree in Music
- Demonstrated experience as a performer and teacher, in classical and contemporary music styles
- Soprano, mezzo-soprano or alto performer
- Soprano, mezzo-soprano or alto teacher at the college level
- Degree in Music Education
- K-12 classroom teaching experience
- Experience teaching vocal pedagogy, literature and diction
- Experience teaching Music Education courses
- A demonstrated commitment to recruitment and retention of students
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- Electronic submission/links of a minimum of two (2) performances (upload an attachment to this application with links to a minimum of two (2) performances)
Dr. Kimm Julian, Associate Professor of Music
Department of Music
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Earley Center for Performing Arts
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.ifo.org/contract09-11/2009-2011.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 2 years ago