Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Business Process Outsourcing
Our business unit provides support in three major areas: business process services, where we perform the actual function that the process is relate to; business process related software, that helps us manage the various components, the systems associated with the software in the process; and then there is a business process management which is used to help design and track the performance of the specific business process. The business units work supports primarily the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of State, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. We support our clients with a work force of over 2600 Serco and Serco subcontractor employees and provide mission critical support services that primarily support Immigration, Visa Processing and Commerce.
We are currently seeking a Site/ Task Order Manager to support the operational aspects of a program in Alexandria. This individual will provide daily oversight and responsibility in leading a team of operating support staff at an agency. The Task Manager will have responsibility for ensuring all work is performed in accordance with customer requirements and meet strict program requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Responsibility for the daily operations supporting an aspect of a large agency.
- Providing supervision and direction to team members supporting and file and mail processing efforts.
- Responsibility for meeting program budget and schedule objectives to ensure both customer and corporate goals are met or exceeded.
- Establishing weekly and monthly task goals, negotiating with various support functions to establish project commitments in support of planned improvement initiatives.
- Establishing work plans and staffing needed to ensure customer timelines and quality standards are met.
- Directing and coordinating activities of the team, adjusting priorities and resources as necessary, to ensure the task is within budget and on time.
- Maintaining an open, positive relationship with all co-located operations and support functions, providing support as needed in a proactive manner
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent and 2-4 years of related work Education: A Bachelors Degree or equivalent. Project Management training/certification a plus, supported with general knowledge of Lean 6 sigma methodologies.
Citizenship: Applicant must be a United States citizen to be considered for the position.
- 5+ years experience with mail and document operations.
- Prior project management experience preferred, some Lean 6 sigma
- Prior federal agency experience highly desired.
- Career path with demonstrated leadership experience and technical acumen, particularly in the development/transition of new programs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/objectives with strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading skilled, clerical teams.
- A proven track record of driving continuous improvement within an organization.
- Must possess a broad-based knowledge of business processes, to include operations, quality, training, and supervision.
- Ability to provide mentoring and guidance to individuals, resulting in improved quality performance.
- Good experience with both verbal and writing communications.
Security Clearance: Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
. ~ Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid Career
Serco , Inc. - 2 years ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...