Web Developer II
The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
A Developer II will play a central role in the design, development and delivery of application integrations, web and mobile web products. They will fulfill the Developer role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by software/hardware applications. In this role, they will be involved in all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify software to support business objectives and ongoing operations.
- Participate with a team of technical staff and managers and/or business unit representatives to determine technical systems requirements and functionalities needed in development projects
- Responsible for detailed design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications, applications developed exclusively for Bloomin' Brands by a third party, and externally purchased software products
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for projects and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team
- Writing detailed technical specifications for subsystems and integration points
- Writing code for system designs that span multiple platforms
- Coding to and creating Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Conduct code reviews of custom development components, evaluate against BBI standards and established coding best practices
- Perform unit testing and debugging and set test conditions based on code specifications.
- Communicate technical topics in writing or in meetings with the development team and/or functional team.
- Estimate project timelines and resources required to complete programming projects
- Support and own applications throughout the Product Development life cycle.
- Coordinate with other technical teams for integration architecture solutions and help to determine the integration approach.
- Review applications and make recommendations to vendor technical teams
- May use sophisticated development tools to assist or facilitate the development process.
· 5 or more years of design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications and externally purchased software products
· 3+ years experience developing applications using the following technologies: Microsoft Visual Studio, DOT NET 4.0 Framework, C#, and ASP.NET.
· 3+ years developing web services or SOA.
· 3+ years experience using SQL Server, stored procedures, packages and functions.
· 3+ years experience with iterative software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, etc.)
· 2 years of Integration experience using tools such as Informatica, Snaplogic, or SSIS
· Familiarity with several of the following technologies: WCF Web Services, HTML5, MVC, JQuery, Sitefinity (or equivalent CMS), and Restful web services
· Experience in developing applications in Microsoft Azure or other cloud computing platforms
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
· Experience in Supply Chain business applications is preferred
· Experience in consumer focused websites, mobile website, and mobile device applications for hospitality or food and beverage service industries is a plus
· Experience in e-Commerce applications is preferred
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment
· Ability to communicate, verbally and written, technical requirements/constraints to a broad audience of technical and non-technical individuals
· Ability to document and recommend technical solutions based on technical and business criteria
· Ability to work as team member or as a single individual contributor
· Ability to learn new concepts and new technology quickly
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is highly preferred.
· Microsoft certifications are a plus.
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
OSI Restaurant Partners - 18 months ago