Posting Job Title: Director, Operations--IT Operating Systems
Requisition #: 143342BR
Posting Location: Andover, MA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Operations Director, IT Operating Systems
Reports to: Vice President, Customer Operations
Location: Andover, MA
**NOTE: Only local candidates will be considered--Principals Only - NO AGENCIES
Who We Are:
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company
, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
What You Will Do--Position Summary:
The Operations Director
plays a vital role in leading our Managed Hosting and Managed Cloud offerings to hundreds of our customers across multiple global data centers. This position will manage a global team of engineers supporting Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems for our managed service customers and includes back-up and storage services as well. Functions included are the daily operations of the team across incident and change requests for customers as well as proactively tuning and optimizing customer platforms, and developing strong working relationships with your peers, our vendors and our customers.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The Operations Director position requires a customer-facing role, deep subject matter expertise and strong team leadership skills. The Operations Director will be expected to work well with our Customers and our internal teams, as well as, manage all aspects of incident/change/problem management, staffing and budgeting in our daily operations.
What We Are Looking For:
- Manage and maintain global operations teams across 7x24 shifts
- Responsible for over 4,500 physical servers, a mix of Unix /Linux and Windows, located across the US, UK and India
- Responsible for service support for operating systems, back-ups and storage for NaviSite's Managed Service customers.
- Drive process improvements and performance results within team based on industry best practices
- Provide status and overall management support to customers and internal management
- Manage training of staff.
Ideal candidates will have
Job code: CB: 02/08/13, navitbot
- Strong team lead experience for managing an Operations team with proven experience building successful, motivated teams - global experience and remote management experience is a plus
- Minimum of 10 + years in Operations experience - supporting a 7x24 production environments - managed service experience is greatly preferred
- Works well under pressure - ability to multi-task and manage multiple efforts simultaneously
- Must have strong customer service and communication skills
- Technical expertise with supporting Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems - preferred experience with virtualization, Cloud, back-up systems and storage solutions
- Strong and proven experience leading organizational changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and teamwork skills
- ITIL V3 foundation knowledge desired
- Proven track record on delivering large-scale projects.
- Ability to network positively with staff from all levels and groups located in several different locations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions
FCC Unit_TWC: NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00800 - Andover Minuteman
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 17 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...