Responsible for developing and executing test plans, test conditions, and test cases to ensure delivery of quality information systems and/or software programs that conform to organization standards and user requirements. Serves as subject matter expert for assigned area.
- Develops comprehensive test conditions and test cases for complex information systems and/or software programs. Performs test execution to ensure proper operation of system/program.
- Evaluates and documents complex test results. Reports progress of problem resolution to management. Checks and coordinates the work of junior level staff.
- Develops test standards for script development, deployment, and reuse.
- Serves as subject matter expert for assigned areas. Evaluates proposed quality assurance process and software tools. Makes recommendations to management regarding the acquisition and/or implementation of software to increase information systems efficiency.
- Performs quality audits to ensure standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Monitors post-implementation system/program performance to prevent reoccurrence of operational issues and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Serves as liaison between the system users and the technical team.
- Promotes the use of standard methodology for quality assurance and testing.
- Guides and mentors junior members of the team.
- Performs other duties as required.
Technical Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous (5-7 years) experience in a quality assurance and/or testing environment.
- Previous experience using test management tools required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of common desktop software tools including MS Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Fundamental Skills Required
- SQL – Has worked with a SQL tool
- Can demonstrate ability in creating queries as part of testing effort
- Automation – has used QTP and has scripted test cases
- Functional Testing – manual
- Negative Testing – able to identify bad test cases from requirements
- Defect Tracking – The use of a defect tracking tool (QC, Bugzilla, JIRA, etc…) Technical experience with Quality Center or ALM (import/reporting/schema)
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
- Experience in creating Test Strategy / Plan
- Experience in creating Test Cases
- Experience in validating data mappings
- Experience in providing reports on progress
- Experience in executing & managing meetings
Primary Location: Scottsdale, AZ, US
Organization: 43810 - Workers Comp IT
Job Posting: 2013-01-22 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310208