Skills: Two to three year’s college level courses/Associate’s Degree/Diploma in Physical Therapist Assistant. Physical Therapist Assistant License required. Less than one year experience in Physical Therapy .
Knowledge: Requires detailed knowledge of Physical Therapy in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done, this level includes interpretation of data. This staff member must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of patients served.
Abilities: Mental Power: Ability to make decisions are varied but are usually confined to situations which are familiar. There are several defined alternative solutions available.
Mental Power Ability to exercise choice in how work is accomplished with independence to operate within established policies, procedures and schedules.
Physical Power: Sit 3 hours a day. Walks/on feet 5 hours a day. Assume and maintain various postural positions. Lift and carry 25 pounds. Hand/wrist movement with force. Transfer patients requiring moderate assistance. Upward/downward force while grasping.
Primary Job Functions
- Implements treatment programs for improvement of physical or developmental dysfunction and independence in activities of daily living.
- May modify treatment procedures in accordance with changes in patient status within the scope of the treatment plan established by a Physical Therapist.
- Educates and instructs regarding home programs and preventive measures as appropriate to patient, family, and others.
- Prepares written documentation as required by the profession and the department in a timely manner.
- Communicates with patient, family, physician, and other healthcare providers regarding patient care.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Participates in educational programs and in-services and other meetings as required.
- Participates on special project teams and other related duties as assigned and required.
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 18 months ago