Bachelors degree in counseling, social work or related field. Strong knowledge of youth development and experience working with youth at risk is required.
• Conduct groups for teens on youth development topics and mental health issues
• Periodically offer training to paraprofessional center staff on mental health topics
• Provide supportive counseling services to youth at the center who are in need
• Connect youth and their families to ongoing counseling services in the community
• Provide short-term crisis counseling to youth at the center
• Identify youth in the milieu who need to connect with mental health services
• Act as a consultant to staff who have concerns regarding youth who are at risk of mental health issues
• Provide these services at the Worcester Youth Center and Boys and Girls Club.
• Maintain statistics and documentation for grant purposes.
• Attend all required meetings with Hope Coalition Supervisor and center staff