As part of the management team, the Customer Service Logistics Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the store. Responsibilities include coordinating staffing, payroll, accounting, personnel, receiving, loss prevention, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, and assisting in management of all areas of store operations as needed.
Skills and Competencies:
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of the most qualified applicants to meet the store’s needs.
- Conduct orientation, train, coach, and manage Department Managers and all associates in execution of daily tasks.
- Assist in supervision, staffing and scheduling of the workforce with particular emphasis in areas such as accounting, cashiers, loss prevention, receiving, and maintenance. Ensure compliance with payroll budgets.
- Review operational reports and records to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Monitor the accuracy of receiving, transfers, debits/damages, returns-to-vendor (RTV’s), and charge-backs to headquarters to maintain the accuracy of the inventory.
- Coordinate communication between the store and central distribution and/or the corporate inventory control department.
- Oversee compliance of Department Managers and all associates with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, security, sales and record-keeping procedures.
- Help solve problems that affect the store’s service, efficiency, and productivity.
- Ensure that adequate security exists and that physical facilities comply with safety codes and ordinances.
- Lock and secure the store.
- Exercise judgment and discretion alone, and in conjunction with, the Store Manager, Department Managers, and any other Assistant Store Manager, in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to develop and train workforce, build relationships, utilize skills of workforce most appropriately
- Ability to manage store operations effectively
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to work force
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to Department Managers and associates
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Coat Factory - 12 months ago
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse has two de facto mottos: "not affiliated with Burlington Industries" (thanks to a 1981...