position will be responsible for setting workstation strategy for Chase Mortgage Bank (MB). Scope includes ~55,000 workstations & users. Understand and identify TCO opportunities. Formulate tech refresh plan. Technical recommendations and financial forecasting of complex desktop configurations. Monitoring and alerting strategy.
This position will act as a member of the Solutions Engineering team under Mortgage Bank Technology Infrastructure (MBTI). MBTI is part of the Chase Mortgage Bank line of business and provides end-to-end infrastructure service delivery. The MBTI team delivers customized solutions that address the unique technology drivers of the MB LOB while ensuring that centralized products and services are leveraged for their economies of scale.
, you will be responsible for developing standards & roadmaps pertaining to MB infrastructure. You will lead and drive working groups to develop long term innovative architectural strategies. You will provide technical leadership with internal solutions engineers and collaborate with other line of business infrastructure architects. You will help shape corporate services and products to meet MB requirements and develop internal engineering standards to align to corporate direction.
Key responsibilities include:
Infrastructure Architecture & Strategy:
- Works with senior technologists to influence and shape the strategic infrastructure target state architecture for area of influence
- Develop models to understand total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Helps define and implement infrastructure standards
- Educates engineers on standards, processes, and tools
- Works with firm-wide engineering and architecture, and business/AD architects to drive solution standardization and re-use for Chase Financial Services & MB
- Provides technical assistance with the most challenging issues that span multiple systems, or show recurring trends that have not been successfully resolved
Business Case Development:
- Interfaces with corporate engineering groups to understand technology lifecycle
- Plan technology refresh strategy
- Interface with MB management to articulate tech refresh strategy and direction
Technical solutions design:
- Supports technical solutions with detailed business case based on thorough interpretation of business requirements
- Develops comprehensive high level infrastructure solutions that incorporate strategic target state architecture and standards to maximize performance, capacity, and TCO
JPMorgan Chase offers a highly competitive benefits program and compensation package.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated competencies critical to success: Conceptualization, foresight, enterprise perspective, consensus building, leadership, and communication
- Broad knowledge of multiple Desktop OS platforms, Unix and Windows-based operating systems; deep understanding of supporting technologies in Web, Middleware, Java, Database, Authentication, and surrounding infrastructure support technologies.
- Advanced written and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
- Understands and can apply knowledge of Internet/Intranet technology, eCommerce, enterprise networking, and Database to infrastructure solutions
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed client/server environment
- Technical problem-solving skills
- Understanding of remote computing architecture for global delivery, including the use of WAN acceleration and thin compute technologies
- Overall IT experience in a Client-Server environment, with practical knowledge of mainframe, midrange, distributed, or desktop technologies
- Infrastructure architecture & engineering experience, including functional and technical requirements gathering, and solution development and deployment experience
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-NJ-Iselin-194 Wood Avenue / 04053
US-DE-Newark-CC - Ops 4 / 00778, US-NJ-Jersey City, US-OH-Columbus
Retail Financial Services
JPMorgan Chase - 8 months ago
JPMorgan Chase was born with a silver spoon in its mouth but that hasn't stopped it from wanting more. With more than $2 trillion in as...