(NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott.
combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013,
will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
• Provides direct oversight for moderately complex to routine elements of ’s compliance program at the franchise, business unit, divisional or corporate level.
• Responsible for directing the development and administration of OEC education and training, and development and implementation of divisional monitoring plan. Identifies compliance risk and elevates to Senior Compliance Manager, Compliance Director and/or ECO, as applicable.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• The manager performs the following with moderate to significant supervision from Senior Compliance Manager or Compliance Director.
• Partners with all levels of key divisional business functions to provide moderately complex to routine OEC and divisional policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations.
• Conducts moderately complex to routine policy and procedure reviews and updates related to OEC policy and divisional procedures ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance.
• Develops, delivers and updates OEC’s comprehensive training program on moderately complex to basic and routine OEC and divisional policies and procedures including OPPF and 's Code of Business Conduct. Assists with development and delivery of training on moderately complex OEC and divisional policies and procedures.
• Develops, implements, modifies, and oversees corporate and/or divisional monitoring plan to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
• Assists Senior Compliance Manager/Compliance Director/ECO on compliance audits, oversees the fulfillment of auditors requests, acts as liaison between business and auditors during on site activities, evaluates and responds to all basic and routine preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address basic and routine findings and recommendations, and ensures timely completion.
• Directs and participates in Compliance Review Committee meetings and provides input on violation process. Oversees the tracking and trending and proposes recommendations for corrective actions.
• Provides guidance on proposed commercial programs, identifies legal and regulatory issues, analyzes alternatives and works with legal, as appropriate, to propose solutions to the business.
• Possesses working knowledge of AbbVie’s business and client areas supported.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE
• Accountable to Senior Compliance Manager or Compliance Director.
• Operates independently within well-defined expectations, checking in as necessary with supervisor(s).
• Provides guidance and direction to Coordinators, Compliance Analysts, as needed.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
AbbVie - 19 months ago