MB Segmentation/Ultrabook Lead
Job Description: Requires advanced knowledge of the finance field with in-depth knowledge in one or more specialty areas and integrates the working knowledge of other professional disciplines. Requires experience with and thorough knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work. Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting or related field and 4-6 years of related practical experience Consistently uses strategic thinking and exercises independent judgment to a wide range of theoretical and practical problems which require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity. Routinely interacts with senior stake holders such as the Director/GM/VP/Controller/Group Controller on project issues often requiring coordination across organizational lines.
The Mobile Segmentation Lead & Ultrabook Specialist is a key member of the PCCG finance team. The specialist will work closely with the Mobile Segment teams to develop segment-optimized platform solutions and develop new opportunities to grow the mobile business. Additionally, this person will be heavily focused on PCCG Ultrabook execution and strategic imperatives. The mobile business is managed through 5 Consumer Business Segments which are based on Notebook Client usages : Essential, Entertainment, On-the-go, Content Create and Gaming. This position is an exciting opportunity to influence and gain exposure to Intel's MB business, across a wide array of products and business strategies including the latest Ultrabook strategy.
- Co-owner of Ultrabook 8 quarter guidance package to serve as one-voice for Intel to the ecosystem on key ingredient forecasts such as touch, storageetc.
- Be part of a fast moving Mobile Client Platforms (MCP) Ultrabook marketing team involved in the conceptualization and development of Ultrabook requirements and business models.
- Lead and set agenda for Ultrabook synch forums with geo controllers and SMG/PCCG controllers.
- Influence GM & stakeholders to align on 2013 quarterly touch volume forecasting for ongoing demand management for the touch supply contracts.
- Engagement with JD, SMG, SSG, and PCCG ecosystem enabling teams to track Ultrabook progress and influence focus areas.
- Provide DPP and CSD support as needed.
- Ad hoc Ultrabook analysis (Ultrabook Playbook, SPP, ASP, BOM, TAMetc) and deal support for licensing arrangements and partnerships.
- Above all, be able to deal with an ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment and be a hands-on problem solver with a bent towards assumed responsibility.
PC segmentation has quickly become an integral part of roadmap planning and optimization under the Mobile Client Platform GM. The Mobile Segmentation Lead role plays a crucial part in helping construct comprehensive segment strategies and playbooks, in turn, advancing Finances influence on the product roadmap. The specialist will own one or more segments. Duties include:
- Business planning and market research - will build segment business plans encompassing the broader ecosystem, monetization strategies, competition, user/usage research, retail data, go-to-market strategies, and software/apps/OS strategies;
- Strategic processes - will be primary interface for his/her segments into strategic playbooks, POPs, LRP/DPP, and roadmap exercises;
- Finance forum - will lead cross functional segmentation finance team (MB, DT, BCPD) and drive finance influence;
- Financial modeling - will own baseline and target financial models.
USA-California, Santa Clara
Oct 5, 2012
Oct 6, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation that includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Staffing Consultant.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...