As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 50 years. With over 40 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 20,000 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our team of talented professionals.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be responsible for:
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Conducting thorough occupational therapy assessments/evaluations in compliance with agency and Medicaid Standards
- Designing client treatment plans that are based on clients’ needs and the least restrictive treatment services.
- Developing measurable and objective goals that directly reflect the PCP assessment.
- Functioning as a member of the I-team to determine the least restrictive type and scope of treatment.
- Providing consultation and training to other staff as requested.
- Providing community education, consultation with other interdisciplinary team members
- Responding to consumer service requests
- Developing and maintaining written records necessary for professional practice as defined in the procedural manual.
- Training and supervising students, volunteers as directed.
- Completing necessary equipment and home modification requests in accordance with program guidelines.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), Life Insurance, a generous paid time off package, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and a current license as a Registered Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan.
- At least one year relevant experience with persons with a developmental disability is preferred, however new graduates will be considered.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our world class team, please follow the link listed on this page to our website to submit your resume for this position.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job requires a bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience.
See job description
Michigan Talent - 3 years ago
The Guidance Center's mission is to enhance the development and well-being of children, adults, and families in need throughout the...