State Director - 130002FI |
Primary Location United States-MS-MSJackson
REM Mississippi is growing! We are expanding our service lines in Mississippi, and we have a very exciting opportunity for a creative and resourceful business leader to help drive these expansive efforts. Unique opportunity to join an established, successful, organization, yet in an entrepreneurial role to respond to the exciting growth within the state. This is a critical role to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, Neil Brendmoen, the State Director will drive the initiative of establishing services and programs in our expansion in Mississippi.
Ensure services provided are of the highest quality and maximize growth opportunities. Responsible for managing strong relationships with payors and advocates. Manage licensing and contractual agreements and ensure state meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
Include the following:
- Oversee the operations of the state of Mississippi programs, and manage the performance of the state’s programs to ensure high quality and financial success.
- Provide leadership and develop strategy for maximizing growth within state; implement business plans and marketing strategies to grow census and improve occupancy and utilization in core services; implement strategies to anticipate new business opportunities; develop new starts; and identify potential acquisition candidates.
- Implement public strategy plan for state; maintain and enhances state level relations with legislative and administrative officials, advocates, and trade associations; join and take a leadership role with state trade associations; and assist lobbyists or outside contractors.
- Develop state or business unit strategy to maintain and foster relations with individuals receiving services, families, and guardians; oversee implementation of satisfaction surveys; develop enhancement plans.
- Oversee development and implementation of state quality enhancement strategy and drive those quality initiatives, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements, and consideration for individuals needs.
- Provide leadership and oversee state implementation of incident management protocol; ensure timely incident reporting; review trends, develop and implement proactive and corrective response; and oversee investigation process.
- Oversee state strategy and implementation of health and safety programs, including individuals receiving services and employee protection; direct medical and nursing services and supports.
- Implement state strategy to maintain compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; and ensure pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments.
- Provide management leadership, including supervision of Regional Directors and regional support team; develop strategy for implementation of Network employee practices; oversee safety and workers’ compensation implementation strategy; recruit and retain top talent; develop state and regional leadership teams; establish employee orientation and training programs; and implement employment practices including hiring, termination and discipline.
- Implement state licensing and compliance strategy; direct system for timely and accurate documentation; oversee implementation of Network compliance plan; review licensing orders; and implement proactive strategies to meet or exceed compliance.
Direct and supervise Regional Directors and regional support team including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Make decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolve employee problems within position responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Masters degree
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with substantial management experience, ideally in a healthcare or Human Services setting
- Licensure as required by the state
Why work here?
We have a passion for what we do; working in Human Services is so meaningful. We offer a supportive team environment, flexible schedule and a family-oriented culture to complement our attractive salary/benefits package.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. We are eager to fill this crucial role as our success in expansion relies on our ability to get the right services and leadership in place as soon as possible.
Apply today, we look forward to hearing from you!
REM Mississippi is a part of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 35 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join REM Mississippi and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
The MENTOR Network - 15 months ago
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children...