JOB SUMMARY: The Server has the responsibility of providing club members with friendly, prompt, complete and efficient food and beverage service, meeting all of the members needs within specified standards.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests and enters orders in our point-of-sale system.
- Accurately describes menu items, specials, drinks, and wines for guest satisfaction.
- Interacts with the bartender, properly setting up glasses for drinks.
- Sets dining room station
- Maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Interacts with co-workers in tandem, communicating clearly and precisely.
- Accommodates any special requests that the kitchen is able to deliver for the guest.
- Up-sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards.
- Notes timing of meal progression and notifies kitchen staff.
- Performs pre-and post-shift sidework; stock service station, make coffee, etc.
- Settles customer payments; receives change from cashier and returns change promptly to guest.
- May assist Host/Hostess with greeting/seating guests and filling glasses.
- Knows the menu items and the accompaniments for them, along with the daily specials.
- Answers questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Monitors and observes guest's dining experience. Ensures guests are satisfied with the food and service. Responds promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Removes used tableware between courses and provides tableware for the next course.
- Runs food delivery as needed, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Maintains the tidiness of the table throughout the meal. Is ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
- Reports all equipment problems and maintenance issues to Restaurant Manager.
- Assists the restock and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Attends all educational staff meetings.
- Some high school education.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age (serving alcohol)
- Minimum 1+ years prior serving experience in a quality club/hotel/restaurant
- Knowledge of fine wines and food preferred
- Strong listening and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a "customer first" mentality
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to adhere to quality standards for safety, sanitation and food handling
- Experience with using computers
- Must be willing to work weekend, holiday, and evening shifts.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds from floor to heights to above shoulder height.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and climb.
- Must be able to stand and continuously “move” throughout the workday.
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort and Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort are two luxurious, Spanish-Mediterranean-designed, all-suite...