Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
SUMMARY of POSITION:
The Procurement CI/Lean Consultant is responsible for executing the NA Procurement Lean deployment plan. This position will lead delivery of advantaged capabilities in line with Procurement strategy deployment. The incumbent serves as the Lean “sensei” or master teacher providing expert advice on business process improvements.
• Participate in the development and implementation of NA Procurement Operations and NA Procure-to-Pay (P2P) strategies and tactical execution to achieve advantaged capabilities in support of business objectives
• Lead development of NA Procurement Operations leadership’s CI capability to ensure alignment of objectives and value delivery
• Lead implementation of initiatives supporting business process improvement through waste, variability and lead time reduction, utilizing process improvement methodologies that deliver sustainable results
• Facilitate workshops and/or other forums to focus improvement, transfer knowledge and engage team members, managers and suppliers in activities primarily supporting NA P2P process execution with additional engagement to support NA Procurement M&E and supplier activities.
• Develop team member capability with focus on problem solving, standard work and visual management
• Provide training to ensure all new team members complete their Lean Student Journey following the Global Procurement standard
• Understand and develop working relationships with key stakeholders and lead change management as necessary to achieve objectives
• Provide support to maintain and improve the management system for the NA Procurement Information Library and Subject Matter Expert Network that houses and provides process ownership for NA Procurement processes
• BA or BS Degree
• 8-10+ years of supply chain or business related experience
• Staff and plant/mill experience in a leadership and/or support role with emphasis on supply chain knowledge
• Exposure to Lean thinking, systems and tools
• Consistent track record of delivering results while creating/maintaining a constructive work environment
• Willing to challenge the status quo and facilitate different perspectives to drive solutions
• Ability to work in a matrix organization driving collaboration across businesses and functions with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated personal credibility through strong communication skills, achieving results, and trusted relationships with others
• Demonstrated contagious positive energy to promote employee and supplier engagement and drive results
• Demonstrated passion to drive change and challenge status quo
• Demonstrated ability to lead implementation and contribute to the development of vision and strategy
• Strong analytical and abstract thinking skills
• Cross cultural effectiveness
• Previous Lean experience
• Experience working with suppliers
• Functional knowledge and/or experience with the supply chain (manufacturing, distribution, planning, procurement, transportation) including demonstrated knowledge of financial metrics and drivers
• Position reports to the Global Procurement Process & Lean Leader - Christine Borkowski
• Position will be based in Neenah
• Travel requirements are estimated to be 5-30%
Kimberly-Clark - 18 months ago
Kimberly-Clark engages in worldwide manufacturing and marketing of a wide range of products for personal, business and industrial uses....