Position Purpose :|
Help plan, coordinate and accomplish activities which ensure timely and cost effective completion of departmental goals and objectives. In a proactive manner, with a positive attitude, provide assistance, encouragement and demonstrated flexibility to team members in all activities on a daily basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Report and record work activities performed.
2. Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property, wall, or roof porosity and access to infested locations.
3. Spray or dust chemical solutions, powders, or gases into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings, or wood, or over marshlands, ditches, or catch basins as appropriate for each situation.
4. Direct or assist other workers in treatment or extermination processes to eliminate or control rodents, insects, or weeds.
5. Measure area dimensions requiring treatment, using rule, calculate fumigant requirements, and estimate cost for service.
6. Post warning signs and lock building doors to secure area to be fumigated.
7. Cut or bore openings in building or surrounding concrete, access infested areas, insert nozzle, and inject pesticide to impregnate ground.
8. Study preliminary reports or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
9. Set mechanical traps or place poisonous paste or bait in sewers, burrows, or ditches.
10. Clean and remove blockages from infested areas to facilitate spraying procedures and provide drainage, using appropriate tools including brooms, mops, shovels, or rakes.
11. Position and fasten edges of tarpaulins over building and tape vents to ensure air-tight environment and check for leaks.
12. Clean work site after completion of job.
13. Perform o ther duties as assigned.
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Training & Education Requirements:
1. Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
2. Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
3. Mathematics — Basic k nowledge of arithmeti c
4. Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
5. English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
6. High School graduate, GED, or equivalent experience.
7. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
8. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and positive attitude.
License and/or Certifications
Requires applicator license and/or any other certifications as required for regulatory compliance.
Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience in facility / commercial building maintenance.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
Must pass a criminal background check
Monster - 9 months ago