Summary : The Academic Coach is a highly qualified education professional responsible for working with families and schools to ensure student success in an online environment.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities : The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; o ther duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- Conducts orientation sessions for students and learning coaches at the beginning of each term; Educates on system navigation techniques and tips through emails, kmails, orientations, phone calls and by moderating the online learning course;
- Monitors student academic progress and activity on a daily basis, identifying and providing additional support and interventions as may be necessary for students who are showing signs of failure or struggling based on grade to date, missed log ins, activity in a course and number of missing assignments;
- Implements Scantron testing and works with teachers to utilize testing results to individualize instruction, address learning gaps, create Individualized Learning Plans, and enhance student success; Collaborates on and implements Individualized Learning Plans and attends all associated meetings;
- Conducts online Student and Parent Resource Sessions on academic topics; Maintains regular contact and meetings with students and families via telephone, k-mail, instant messenger, and/or web conferencing to foster strong academic relationships and provide necessary support; Provides timely responses to all phone calls, emails, and kmails received from students, staff and parents, and follow-up on teacher escalations; Provides optimal customer service by serving as a single point of contact for all non-instructional topics for students and parents;
- Distributes daily and weekly TotalView communiqués containing important school-level reminders; Formally communicates student progress, contact metrics and concerns/accomplishments to the Department Head on a weekly basis;
- Executes program changes, withdraws, accelerations, extensions, and re-enrollment activities based on individual student needs;
- Participates in iCademy staff meetings, K12 Professional Development sessions, iCademy meetings, committee meetings, and other meetings as assigned;
- Assists with iCademy student network and community efforts such as virtual field trips, running a club, hosting “chill ‘n chat” sessions, graduation planning, etc.;
- Participates in training for Naviance College and Career Center and effectively utilizes the application to support students with planning for post-secondary options.
Certificates and Licenses : None required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or other relevant study AND
- Three (3) years of experience working with students in an educational setting OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, other technology based programs
- Ability and flexibility to communicate across time zones
- Ability to pass required background check
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
- Online learning experience
- Account management and customer relations skills
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online educational...