Affinity Medical Group has a great opportunity for System Float Nurse Practitioner position, which rotates among Affinity Medical Group primary care locations, including Urgent Care. Hours will vary between Monday - Friday 7:00am - 7:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 8:00a-12:00pm.
Provides outpatient Nurse Practitioner health care, including patient histories and physicals, treatments, medications, surgical procedures and patient education to Affinity Medical Group patients. Shares clinic call schedule with the other Primary Care Providers in the call group.
1. Conducts oneself in a manner that promotes quality and service excellence for patients, physicians, staff, and visitors and contributes to the spirit of teamwork within AHS.
2. Provides health care for adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients in a clinic setting. Performs physical exams, diagnose and treats illnesses, orders and interprets tests, counsels patient about preventive health measures and appropriate health screening and provides and/or orders health screenings as appropriate.
3. Through a variety of media responds appropriately to patients questions and provides consultation to them as necessary; assesses patients’ needs, coordinates resources. Documents in accordance with established policies and protocols.
4. Performs outpatient surgical procedures in clinic setting appropriate to patient need and within the cope of the practitioner’s license, education, training and experience.
5. Makes nursing home resident visits (rounds) to monitor resident’s current physical condition i.e., reviews resident medical record, talks to resident and/or nursing staff, performs appropriate physical examination, assesses changes in resident’s condition, adjusts resident’s care plan accordingly, writes new resident orders for medications, lab x-ray tests, etc., and documents all of the above in resident’s medical record according to policy and procedure.
6. Performs and documents all activities in accordance with established policies and protocols.
7. Makes nursing home resident visits (rounds) to monitor resident’s current physical condition i.e., reviews residents medical record, talks to resident and/or nursing staff, performs appropriate physical examination assesses changes in resident’s condition, adjusts resident’s care plan accordingly, writes new resident orders for medications, la/x-ray tests, etc., and documents all of the above in resident’s medical record according to policy and procedures.
8. Documents all procedures and/or services to patients on charge (route) slips and processes route slips in accordance with established procedures to ensure accurate billing to patient accounts.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduate of an accredited school of graduate nursing in advanced practice. Master's degree required. Minimum of three years experience in a nurse practitioner role.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Current licensure in the State of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse. Current certification from a national certifying body approved by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing for Nurse Practitioners. Certifications as an advanced prescriber. Valid Wisconsin driver's license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the professional medical practice and care to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, legal regulations, and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical condition, and interpreting findings. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, coworkers, and the public. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable manner with patients and family members.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Highly motivated, customer and team orientated, empathetic and charismatic. Thrives on the challenge of operating in a fast-paced, stressful and ever-changing environment. A total professional.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position has physical requirements that require a full range of body motion including, but not limited to, physically assisting patients, requiring stretching, bending, lifting, sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Vision and hearing must be correctable to the normal range. Work may be performed in a medical office environment with potential exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to the clinic environment. A complete list of the physical requirements is available upon request.
Normal Weekly Hours
Affinity Medical Group
Ministry Health Care - 19 months ago