Title: Advisor, Environmental Health & Safety
Location: Ohio-Dublin-Cardinal Place
Job Number: 13000605
JOB TITLE: Advisor, Environmental Health & Safety
At Cardinal Health, we''re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Family: Environmental Health & Safety
What Environmental Health & Safety contributes to Cardinal Health
Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for developing and implementing programs and policies that ensure the overall safety and health of employees and that enables compliant business operations
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of quality assurance systems and approaches
- Complies with regulations and standards while evaluating risks
- Works independently with minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Works with cost-effective QA systems and strategies
What is expected of you and others at this level in Quality & Regulatory Affairs for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
- Uses deep subject matter expertise, influence and process skills to help the enterprise clients and stakeholders identify and meet their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity implications.
- Encourages informed risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation at Cardinal Health; generates practical, sustainable and creative options to solve problems and create business opportunities, while maximizing existing resources.
- Champions and leads change initiatives; identifies the best approach for implementing strategic processes in light of cultural and diversity sensitivities.
Position has three focus areas including environmental sustainability, EHS regulatory tracking, and EHS data management.
Lead aspects of the Environmental Sustainability
EHS Data Management
- Lead the Packaging and Transportation, Energy, Design for Environment and Waste Minimization Working Groups
- Lead Cardinal Health's EPA Smartway partnership program including interfacing with Cardinal Transportation Management team and Cardinal Health's partner transportation companies.
- Support Cardinal Health's internal and external sustainability reporting initiatives.
- Acts as the back-up system administrator for Cardinal Health's EH&S information and data management system (Pulse),
- Responsible forPulse; report development, training development and delivery, user management, system trouble shooting, and data mining
- Responsible to lead EHS data validation efforts
- Act as the department web-master, develop, maintain and enhance the Department's intranet workspace to ensure an effective information and knowledge transfer medium
- Monitors emerging EHS regulations, analyzes proposed regulations and assesses their potential impact on the company
- Supports updates of company EHS regulatory compliance audit questioner
- Serve as an associate auditor for Cardinal Health's Environment, Health and Safety Management system (EHSMS) audit program.
- Support EHS programs at the Dublin Campus including: Recycling program, Spill Prevention Control Plan, Waste Management (hazardous and universal) program
- B.S. degree in technical discipline (occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science or engineering or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience implementing EHS programs, systems and processes in a complex manufacturing or distribution setting.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of facility management, labor and government officials.
- Knowledge of regulations and guidance promulgated by Federal and State OSHA and EPA, EHS management systems and workers'' compensation requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; ability to prioritize tasks
- Has a keen interest and aptitude in data management, data analysis and reporting and data mining
- Has a higher level knowledge of various software products (e.g., Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Access, Word and web based applications)
- Has previous data management experience
- Has previous environmental sustainability experience
Cardinal Health - 22 months ago
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves the...