Duties & Responsibilities: Under general supervision, provides health services for students in a state school clinic. Conducts health screenings, administers medication, provides health education and counseling.
Minimum Training & Experience: Current valid unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia AND one year experience in School Clinic or in Pediatrics.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
1. Performs hearing/vision/scoliosis screenings.
2. Develops individual treatment plans for continuing care or observation.
3. Dispenses prescribed medications to students as ordered by physician.
4. Administers medical care for sick and injured students. Coordinates external clinic appointments.
5. Provides health education to students and staff as appropriate.
6. Facilitates the delivery of quality health/medical care.)
7. Serves as team leader for students who require special medical/health treatment.
8. Performs administrative, clerical, and documentation activities to support clinic activities.
9. May supervise assigned employees.
10. Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
The ability to translate from English to Spanish and Spanish to English verbally and in writing is preferred, but not required.
Additional Information: To apply submit resume/application to:
Cobb County Board of Health
Attn: Candace O'Donnell
1650 County Services Parkway
Marietta, Georgia 30008
Phone: (770) 514-2353
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring agency. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
State of Georgia - 20 months ago
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...