Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings at USAMRIID . If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, join the ClinicalRM team.
We are currently seeking a Computational Biologist for the Frederick, MD area.
- Contactor shall employ bio-informatics systems developed by CGS to provide supporting research materials to therapeutic development programs at USAMRIID.
- Contractor shall act as a liaison with regulatory agencies and other interested parties to determine future revisions and enhancements to the bio-informatics systems developed by CGS.
- Contractor shall document bio-informatics systems developed by CGS.
- Contractor shall design, perform and report on in silico tests used to validate the bio-informatics systems developed by CGS.
- Contractor shall design, conduct and evaluate research projects to elucidate the critical genomic determinants of pathogenesis for viruses of military importance.
- Contractor shall be familiar with processing high-throughput short-read sequencing data.
- Contractor shall establish and coordinate extramural collaborations and contracts to augment the research program he or she supports.
- Contractor shall tabulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Contractor shall prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication.
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM’s contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
- Position requires a Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Biology, Bioinformatics, Pathology, Microbiology or Immunology + 3 years experience.
- Must show proficiency in Linux, perl and R.
- Must demonstrate understanding genomics, virology and/or host immune response.
- The contractor shall serve as a Research Investigator within the Genomics Division (CGS) supporting the genomic characterization of viral stocks and host-pathogen-therapeutics response for regulatory review of USAMRIID therapeutic development programs.
- U.S. citizen
- Ability to perform independently with minimal direction
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
- CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants will be subject to a National Agency Check and Local Agency Check (NACLAC).
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
“NorthCoast 99” Best Places to Work recipient
Clinical Research Management - 21 months ago