Teaches a variety of courses including Recording Theory, Digital Recording, Location Recording and Recording Labs.
Teaches a variety of courses including Recording Theory, Digital Recording, Location Recording and Recording Labs. Develops curriculum, exercises proficiency with current music and recording industry technology. Supports ongoing program and departmental growth and development.
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 3 years full-time industry experience as a recording engineer.
Willingness to learn and/or have experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and /or as a supplement
Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Terminal degree in a Recording Arts related field. Three year’s experience as a primary recording engineer in a professional multi-track environment. Three year’s experience in set-up, construction, operation and maintenance of PC or Macintosh digital audio workstations. Demonstrated ability with current digital audio software applications for Windows or Macintosh Operating Systems. Demonstrated experience in current Pro Tools HD, TDM , LE for Windows and Macintosh. Ability to certify as licensed Digidesign Pro Tools instructor. Ability to build strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, within and outside the College.
In addition to the qualifications listed for each position, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience.
• Minimum of one year experience teaching in an online or blended environment.
• Experience using quality metrics (i.e. Quality Matters, Sloan 5 Pillars, etc.) to design and develop courses.
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline.
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students.
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles.
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment.
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments.
• Being a successful advocate for new initiatives in curriculum or delivery.
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal.
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both with in and across disciplines, and within and outside the College.
To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
$811 per ESU
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. Part-time faculty are compensated at a rate of $811 per Equated Semester Unit (i.e., approximately $2433 for a 3 credit hour course).
Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis for adjunct faculty positions throughout the academic year 2012-2013 (Fall, Spring and Summer Semester).
In the event you are called for an interview, please have copies/unofficial or official transcripts for the required degree and 2 professional letters of reference available to bring with you at the time of interview.
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Cuyahoga Community College - 22 months ago