The primary mission of the Genentech Research & Early Development (gRED) organization is to discover and rigorously assess promising molecule candidates for viable therapeutic benefits. Within the Early Development segment, the Clinical Operations department is responsible for “first in human” Clinical Trials to assess the benefit and risks of a given therapeutic treatment and is embarking on a 3-year technology program to advance their organizational processes and capabilities.
As the gRED IT Tech Lead, your primary responsibilities are to provide modern technical solutions for the complex business needs in Clinical Operations, to contribute and coordinate IT project work and to support the operational technology landscape within the IT organization. You are a great team player, and self-driven individual who works well with other IT professionals towards the common vision of delivering information systems to enable the company to continue providing novel therapeutics for our patients.
- To design, develop, test and implement solutions based on customer requirements with an innovative approach.
- Able to work with customers to gather project requirements and can translate them into a functional solution.
- Provides architectural and engineering input in technical aspects of business planning such as program, project or roadmap planning. Collaborate with Global Architects as required.
- Provides deep technical expertise over a broad set of current technologies and mentoring of other team members in these areas.
- Within project teams, collects and defines requirements, designs, develops, tests and documents final solutions according to Genentech's project management methodology
- Works with validation teams to ensure GxP validated solutions comply with FDA regulations throughout the solution lifecycle.
- In an operational setting, manages the deployment of software enhancements, troubleshoots production systems, contributes to root cause analyses and adheres to customer SLAs all while providing excellent customer service
- Works with a variety of in-house developed, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and SaaS software, across the globe, that provide organizational capabilities to manage Clinical Trials
- Experienced with web programming languages such as HTML, CSS, XML, PHP, Python, Perl and Java on Linux and Windows varieties.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and data warehousing solutions including Oracle databases, Informatica ETL, Business Objects and Roambi mobile reports.
- Experience with Enterprise solutions including Google Apps, Livelink, Sharepoint, Jive SBS and iOS mobile applications.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners and can lead contractors and vendors in design, development and testing activities.
Who You Are
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5-8 years of development experience in a large Enterprise
- A strong understanding in the applications of information systems management using the SDLC and current technology platforms and trends
- Previous experience working with validated GxP systems
- Experience working with current web-based technologies and infrastructure
- A curiosity and desire to explore innovative technologies with the aptitude to learn and provide technological value.
- A professional focus on solution delivery and customer-service
- A well organized individual who can communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Previous experience in life sciences and drug development
- Experience working with Clinical Trial planning and management systems, including Planisware, Siebel CTMS, ClearTrial, Medidata RAVE EDC, ARISg, Interactive Voice/Web Response Systems and Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence and Data War
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.