**This is a 3rd shift position. The hours for this position are 11:00PM - 7:30AM.**
ESPN Global Security ensures that a secure and safe environment is provided for all ESPN employees, guests and events by achieving excellence in the level of security and services provided. We are here to serve ESPN interests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. ESPN Global Security offers progressive career opportunities for best-in-class security professionals in both part time and full time capacities.
The Security Associate is the security team’s most visible, customer facing role. Assigned to key security locations, the Associate will ensure property and people protection and facilitate authorized entry of employees, guests and visitors. Our Security Associates must reflect the company’s high standards and image in their day to day responsibilities and interactions including compliance with ESPN’s Global Security appearance guidelines. The Security Associate must successfully graduate from a two week training academy to continue employment.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
* Greet, screen, and direct all visitors following the established procedures.
* Enforce company security and parking policies consistently and fairly.
* Monitor company property, identify and report safety and security hazards.
* Secure property as directed.
* Respond to all medical, fire, security, and other safety related emergencies and incidents as trained and write comprehensive reports following established procedures.
* Provide security presence at special events.
* Establish barricades, operate gates, and generally direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
* Provide appropriate general information to visitors and employees.
* Perform general security system checks.
* Perform access control duties at high traffic exterior posts in accordance with established procedures.
* Perform vehicle inspections in accordance with established inspection protocols.
* Frequently sit, stand, walk, kneel and reach. Occasionally lift and/or carry an average of 15 pounds long distances and/or up stairs as required.
* Special assignments as required.
* A minimum of one year security or law enforcement experience; or college degree in related field required.
* Must possess and maintain a Driver’s license valid in the state of Connecticut.
* Must currently possess and maintain a valid CT Guard certification or be able to attain a valid CT Guard certification within 2 weeks of employment.
* Must be able to physically perform fire alarm response duties within the required three (3) minute response time. This may include running up to 150 yards and ascending up to three (3) flights of stairs to reach the farthest possible emergency location.
* Must pass a pre-employment background check, credit check and urine drug screen.
* Must have the flexibility to work a varying schedule (hours and days off) and work overtime as approved.
* Must have a basic familiarity with computers, including MS Outlook email and Word.
* Must maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times.
* Must possess a DMV Class F Public Passenger Endorsement on Connecticut Driver’s License or ability to obtain a Class F endorsement within 30 days of employment.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Superior writing ability and command of basic English grammar.
* Strong leadership, judgment and decision making skills.
* Clear teamwork focus.
* Highly adaptable with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to perform tasks independently within established guidelines.
* Ability to operate company transportation, including fleet and gem cart vehicles.
* Able to take command and diplomatically control difficult situations.
* Physical ability to perform all responsibilities as listed above.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
ESPN, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...