Under general supervision, responsible for coding, coordinating, verifying and distributing all billable services.
- Files and enters billing for patients into a computer system and ensures billing is accurate.
- Coordinates with clinical staff to obtain charge information for all patients.
- Codes procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
- Assigns appropriate ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS code(s) to accurately support the need and documentation for each service.
- Coordinate copies of medical documentation with physician charges to support billing to third-party payers.
- Identifies physician services provided, but not accurately documented in the medical record.
- Resolves more non-routine patient billing inquiries and problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum one year billing experience in a health care environment.
- Understands health insurance and medical costs, including coding.
- Requires good customer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
MedSynergies - 20 months ago