ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ValueOptions ® is a health improvement company that serves more than 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential.
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
At ValueOptions, it’s more than a job. Our employees embrace the company vision of helping people lead healthier lives. The over 3,100 employees on our team enjoy challenging career growth in an environment that values integrity, innovation, consumer engagement and joint accountability. Employees have access to comprehensive benefit packages; corporate discounts; continuing education opportunities, including our online learning portal, and more. At ValueOptions we strive to build a boundless culture and community of professionals that includes honest, open and free-flowing communication. We are passionate about the work we do.
If you have a passion to make a difference and a thirst to actively develop your knowledge and skills, join the ValueOptions team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Senior Director, Communications to join our team at our office in Norfolk, VA. The Senior Director, Communications will establish and manage the corporate strategy and annual plans for all aspects of corporate communications for ValueOptions®, including media relations and public relations, crisis communications, social media, corporate visibility campaigns, social responsibility, and internal communications.
- Collaborates with VP, Corporate Communications and executive leadership on the establishment of a corporate communications strategy and an annual plan for all covered elements.
- Manages staff, budgets and other resources towards the achievement of the annual plan throughout each year and adjusts according to evolving business needs and market challenges.
- Ensures that communications to and within the behavioral health market, ValueOptions, and our customers is consistent with corporate and product messaging.
- Creates and implements external messaging campaigns for existing and new products and programs.
- Establishes and manages a public relations function to include media, community, consumer, industry, interest group representation, conflict mediation, etc.
Education : Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
Licensure : None required.
Relevant Work Experience: At least ten years of progressively responsible management responsibilities in corporate communications, advertising, media relations and/or related areas in a sophisticated healthcare company with multiple products/distribution channels.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation, organizational skills and time management.
- Seminar presentation and public speaking skills.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
ValueOptions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
Beacon Health Options
- 2 years ago - save job
Beacon Health Options is a health improvement company that serves 45 million individuals across all 50 states and the United Kingdom. On...