Essential Job Functions
Conducts technical research, testing, evaluation and documentation of moderately complex hosting/configuration tools and methodologies to ensure that tools are current and functional.
Creates application architectures and populates an application host/configuration matrices with appropriate strategies, timelines, and cost information to increase cost efficiency and effectiveness.
Coordinates with application developers, managers and customer application experts to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriates releases to support cross-product features and to communicate architectural designs and standards.
Designs application modules that work together to produce desired product. Ensures that completed modules provide functionality described by application experts and to ensure that performance guidelines are met.
Plans technical support infrastructure through the creation of service level agreements; leads the transition from application development to support to ensure that appropriate support is available to clients in a timely and efficient manner.
Provides high-level analysis and design reviews to other department members to avoid duplication of effort in solving the same application problems with different products.
Works with third party vendors to develop and/or integrate their applications into company products; ensures that applications are in accordance with company product standards and guidelines.
Works with product development teams and senior designers to develop architectural requirements to ensure client satisfaction with product.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of application architecture and/or product development experience
- Experience working with software systems, applications and network markets
- Experience working with technical products, vendors, and families of technologies and company software and hardware products
- Experience working with application design principles and product configurations
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
- Experience working with software development life cycle
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, vendors, business unit personnel, support personnel, application development personnel and management
- Good analytical and problem solving skills for design, coordination and testing of applications
- Good skills in application administration, design and architecture
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Ability to work with relational databases
AppLabs - 17 months ago
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...