The User Experience team at Blackbaud is passionate about creating user experiences that delight our customers. The User Experience team plays a significant role in helping to define/design the user experience of our products by employing a human-centered design approach. If you want customer data to drive design, you have come to the right place. We are a team of user experience designers, visual designers, and user researchers. Our UX Designers are design leads in triads that collaborate closely with counterparts in engineering and product management to create valuable, usable, and feasible products that our customers are delighted to use.
The User Experience Manager for General Markets is responsible for providing strategic direction and guiding/mentoring UX practitioners as they create delightful user experiences for our general market product offerings (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Education Edge, Altru, Patron Edge and eTapestry). This responsibility entails recruiting, developing, and retaining talented people; maintaining and communicating clear roles and responsibilities for employees; establishing/enhancing existing practices that increase the productivity of the team and the quality of the products; working effectively with other departments in providing the necessary processes and tools to remove organizational barriers; and assisting in budgeting and resource planning.
This position reports to the Group Manager of User Experience. The person in this role will work collaboratively with the Product Management team, other User Experience managers, Engineering directors and other stakeholders in the organization to ensure that the teams are appropriately staffed to efficiently produce highly usable/valuable products that delight our customers.
Experience and Skills:
- Provide strategic vision to design efforts that focus on delivering delightful user experiences
- Offer guidance to user experience design teams
- Recruit and hire amazing talent. Work effectively with HR to identify the performance objectives for the open positions on your team.
- Develop and retain the team to their full potential through training, coaching, and feedback. Continually improve the training material and feedback for new employees in order to ensure a successful transition onto the team. Work with individuals on the team to create training and learning opportunities and cultivate strengths and talents. Give constant performance feedback throughout the year and work to maintain high performance.
- Create team building activities and opportunities for recognition. Help create a link between the work of the team with the mission and values of the organization.
- Continually improve the productivity of the team and quality of the products by evaluating and refining the team's roles, responsibilities, tools, processes, and practices. Establish goals for the team to create and use tools to help the team's efficiency. Identify and remove any bottlenecks or barriers for the team.
- Assist in the resource planning and budgeting for the team and products. Anticipate needs for more resources and personnel through forecasting and budgeting; manage team expenses; and help identify risk and create mitigation plans.
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
- 10+ years of experience applying a human-centered design approach to product development
- Strong, analytical problem solving, decision-making, and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Agile Software development processes including Scrum is desired.
- Strong understanding of UX best practices for web-based applications
- Proven ability to understand highly complex products and to create delightful customer experiences
Blackbaud - 20 months ago
When was a last time that a day at the office was accompanied by the satisfaction of knowing that you did something to change the world? For...