UPMC Presbyterian is hiring a Full-Time Informatics Nurse to help support the PUH-eRecord Department for its UPMC Presbyterian location.
Oversee the investigation, development, and implementation of new technology as it relates to clinical practice and serving as a liaison between the clinical and the technical personnel. Required to thoroughly analyze pre-innovation workflow and the impact new innovations may have on all affected clinicians and their work flow, post-implementation. Furthermore, the Informatics Nurse will participate in the implementation of new technologies in order to facilitate process improvement.
- Responsible for the assessment, evaluation and education of the staff involved in clinical information system projects.
- Responsible for updating appropriate members of the implementation team as required maximizing project efficiency and cohesion.
- Report results of data & analysis to appropriate departments, committees.
- Suggest and support changes within the department/organization.
- Demonstrate awareness of the impact of his/her behavior on the efficient functioning of the department/organization.
- Influence peer behavior to create positive change.
- Orient end-user personnel to the project and impact on hospital operations and communicates to all nursing personnel.
- Participate in implementation meetings; oversee system design meetings including completion and review of system configuration.
- Report progress to appropriate hospital management personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate at all educational levels the various types of functionality and how the functionality may impact ones position.
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of various technology applications and the manner in which they integrate with each other.
- Effectively coordinate the assessment of new clinical design projects that incorporates the use of various technological innovations.
- Investigate, organize and plan strategically to explore various new technological devices and how they may impact clinicians.
- Effectively communicate outcomes of evaluation of clinical design and work process to work teams, staff, managers and administrators.
- Collaboration of various departmental end-users in the design/decision making processes needed to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements for data for future electronic needs.
- Develop training programs to educate end-users on new and or upgraded applications.
- Development and communication of eRecord policies and procedures to ensure the effectiveness of new systems applications and software changes as related to patient care
- Maintain awareness of all quality initiatives and their interrelationship with the eRecord.
- Adhere to all policies and practices relative to patient care and hospital related information and recommends changes as needed.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department, i.e. Maintenance or Biomedical Engineering.
- Perform work in a timely and productive manner and meets defined deadlines.
- Participate in appropriate implementation meetings as requested.
- Development of train-the-trainer and end-user education plan.
- Coordinate scheduling of personnel for Go-live.
- Serve as a primary liaison and support for super users and trainers.
- Work with project team to plan and complete all site preparation by ensuring all supplies related to the implementation are purchased and stocked.
- Assume responsibilities as assigned to assist with the continuous improvements and maintenance of the eRecord.
- Utilize nursing process in introducing staff to manage or change workflow as a result of new technology.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards of nursing care and nursing policies.
- Identify and communicate learning needs to appropriate manager.
- Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs and provides similar feedback to co-workers.
- Prior to performing new or challenging skills, request assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain accountability for ongoing self-development activities, especially related to research, presentation, change management and application of quality improvement activities.
- Provide mentorship for individuals at the department/unit/team level.
- Participate in professional organization activities to enhance personal growth and cultivate relationships in the field.
- Obtain and maintain a certification in Nursing Informatics (preferable but not mandatory)
- Participate in self-review as requested by manager.
- Model assertive and professional communication strategies and holds staff accountable for similar behavior.
- Seek out appropriate nursing, physician or other health care team intervention.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activities.
- Coordinate and participates in system validation.
- Coach and advise team members collaboratively with their supervisors as needed to fulfill their role on a project team.
- Actively participate on intra-interdisciplinary teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Form a partnership with Clinical Directors and Unit Directors to facilitate work activities and negotiates additional support as needed.
- Elicit input and advisement in areas where clinical design project work is occurring.
- Collaborate with key personnel as appropriate to investigate new technology to finalize and advance the project goals.
- Establish and maintain professional and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Maintain membership on, or consultation to, committees, work groups, or task forces as needed to communicate and facilitate the ongoing progress of the development, implementation, and revision of the clinical information system.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- 5 years acute care nursing experience required.
- Strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a strong understanding of information systems design, integration and functionality.
Certification in Nursing Informatics and Bachelors degree or MSN preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 12 months ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...