The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague’s assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank.
Under the direction of the Regional Business Banking Manager, manage the day-to-day sales activities/behaviors of a group of Business Banker’s and Business Banking Team Leader’s within the Business Banking division. The Business District Manager (BDM) will work closely with and coach Business Banker’s and Business Banking Team Leader’s within their region. Focus is on successfully managing the team of Business Banker’s and Business Banking Team Leader’s while building loan portfolios, deposits, fee income and referrals of appropriate customers and prospects to Merchant services, Cash Management and other banking products and services. Additionally, Sr. Business District Managers will ensure quality referrals across all business lines.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- New Business Development
- Demand deposit growth
- Loan Growth
- Cross Sales to single product existing business customers
- Cross sales to new business customers
- Relationship Banking
- Fee income growth
- Asset Quality
- Community Involvement
- Colleague Retention & Engagement
1. Build and maintain strong relationships with business line leadership to include Consumer Banking, Mortgage, Associated Investment Services (AIS), Treasury Management, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, Associated Financial Group (AFG) and Commercial Real Estate (CRE) within district of responsibility.
2. Performs all duties in accordance with the Vision and Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
3. Manage the development of Business Banking relationships through coaching a team of Business Banker’s and Business Banking Team Lead’s to review and analyze financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as managing the client relationship. In addition, this position is responsible for managing the cross-selling all bank services, especially non-borrowing services.
4. Manages a group of Business Banker’s and Business Banking Team Lead’s through focused, one-on-one career development meetings. BDMs will be responsible for coaching standards/behaviors of all assigned Colleagues. Establish annual performance and personal development goals; coach performance to include gap analysis, strategy and tactic discussions; allocate resources; assess annual performance; and determine and recommend individual incentive and/or promotional increases. SBDMs will serve as a conduit for Colleagues to remove obstacles and obtain necessary information.
5. Responsible for business loan and deposit relationship generation through personal contacts, as well as referrals from other branches and the business banking unit. Provide guidance to and work with branch teams in an effort to strengthen current business product knowledge and provide expertise to support overall business sales processes.
6. Work with assigned Business Banker’s and Business Banking Team Lead’s to ensure achieving excellence and coaching practices are consistently administered.
7. Support all Business Banking initiatives through participation in weekly team calls, updates, and special projects.
8. Network with and recruit potential Business Banker and Business Banking Team Lead candidates from established relationships and group organizations for future recruitment needs. Participate in recruitment at all levels at all times and interviewing at all levels when requested.
9. Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank and establish centers of influence/external referral sources within the region’s marketplace.
10. Coordinate district activities and assist the Director of Business Banking and/or Regional Business Banking Manager in managing field sales activities.
11. Work with branch partners to support their business banking sales efforts.
12. In addition to managing Business Banker’s and Business Banking Team Lead’s, BDMs will also assist the Director of Business Banking and/or Regional Business Banking Managers in managing Business Banker and Business Banking Team Lead channel activities.
Minimum Education Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, a related degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience – 5 – 7 years Business to Business/Business to Financial Institution and/or Sales Management experience:
- Superior business development skills
- Moderate to advanced credit skills
- Superior knowledge of non-borrowing products
- Sales management preferred
- Typical transaction size (up to $1,000,000 per loan)
- Management Responsibility
- Knowledge of lending policies and procedures
- Knowledge of loan documentation, accounting, loan structuring and collateral procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand macro and micro economic issues as they apply to business.
- Thorough understanding of risks (market, rate, leverage, etc.) as it applies to the lending process.
- Possess good marketing and presentation skills.
Performs other duties as assigned.
BDM II may manage BDM I in absence of Regional Business Banking Manager at the discretion of the Director of Business Banking or Regional Business Banking Manager.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Supervision Direct = 5 + Indirect = Varies
Travel Regular travel for colleague visits. Occasional overnights for meetings.
1270 Yankee Doodle Rd