Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
The Carbon and Sustainability Team leverages Ecova’s utility bill payment and energy management foundation to provide holistic carbon and sustainability consulting services to our many Fortune 1000 customers. Our interest lies in expanding our clients’ appreciation of the opportunities in, and interconnections between, the varied aspect of carbon and sustainability management. To realize this goal, we provide executive level strategic planning, carbon accounting and reporting, internal training and communications, and custom sustainability services. In addition, we are currently incubating expanded waste management and product carbon footprinting/life cycle assessment services.
Our rapidly growing team continues to expand Ecova’s carbon and sustainability offerings with the goal of increasing the speed by which our clients realize environmental impact reductions and associated financial benefits. The team has an immediate need for a Billing Representative.
Waste Consulting, Advanced Analytics
Billing Representative, Waste Solutions
The Billing Representative facilitates multiple aspects of the billing process including, but not limited to, billing consolidations, identification of data entry errors, and the resolution of billing anomalies with waste vendors thereby ensuring that bills are paid on time and for the correct amount.
- Corresponds with internal and external parties in a highly professional and timely manner; being clear, concise, and ensuring all pertinent information is provided.
- Coordinates closely with clients via email and telephone regarding day-to-day vendor account and escalated billing issues.
- Researches the root-cause of escalated billing discrepancies.
- May recognize symptoms that indicate significant, out-of-the-ordinary, client expense problems; gathers information from multiple sources to support existence of significant problem, trends, and opportunities; concisely relay information to client representative, waste vendor representative, waste brokers, and required internal coworkers per process.
- Understands all cost and consumption reporting capabilities of existing systems (such as AviTrack, Facility IQ, Performance IQ, UIS).
- Organize, prioritize, and use time management tools to ensure proper follow-up is completed.
- Trains and mentors incoming Billing Representative employees.
- Maintains expected department metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates/Bachelors degree a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a clerical, customer service, bookkeeping or bill processing position.
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude and comfort working in ananalytical or numbers oriented environment required.
- Waste industry knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated drive for customer satisfaction; strong customer mind-set.
- Proven professional oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet navigation required.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in handwritten forms, and printed on paper.
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Ability to lift and carry a stack of forms and documents weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Work hours are determined based on team/business requirements and may include non-traditional business hours.
- Performing duties and attending events during the evening and on the weekend occurs occasionally and may be required.
- Traveling off-site to a local event occurs rarely and may be required.
- Incumbent may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among fellow employee.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.