HCA Physician Services implements innovative, value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to support HCA's commitment to the care and improvement of human life. We focus on quality, streamlining operations and continuously improving technology as we strive to provide the best possible patient care and serve our community.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
The Charge Entry Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides billing and coding expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Receives and reviews charge documents from the clinic.
• Ensures charge information provided is correct and accurate.
• Balances Charge Summary to tickets keyed before updating charges.
• Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
• Bills and enters charges in a timely manner in a high volume setting.
This position requires knowlege of the following:
• Knowledge of Medic and CORE systems.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Basic knowledge of coding.
• Skill in organization.
• Knowledge of specialty medical practices.
• Ability to read and understand an EOB.
EDUCATION - An associate or bachelors degree in business or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE - Two (2) years of billing, coding, or charge entry experience in a Specialty practice is required.